What is Spiritual Direction?
- Is a companioning relationship that explores a deeper connection to the spiritual dimension of your life.
- Provides time and space for reflection, dialogue and discernment.
- Explores how God (or the sacred or higher power) is present and active in your life.
- Fosters ways to integrate spirituality into your daily life.
- Offers a haven from the busyness of the outer world and opens a time for stillness to reflect on your inner journey.
Spiritual Direction is not:
- Professional counseling or therapy
- Bible study or book study
- Limited to any one spiritual practice
Most spiritual directors, whether clergy or laity, have completed training in spiritual direction formation and may charge a fee, often negotiable. At CHH, there is a sliding scale fee.
If you are…
- Looking for a place to wrestle with spiritual questions
- Seeking a safe place to explore your spiritual journey
- Searching for a deeper relationship with God
- Longing for a more centered life
… you may want to consider spiritual companioning.
For more information, please contact Nancy E. Titus, MS, RN at 919-870-1824.